Amongst the buildings of Padmanabhapuram Palace complex the Navarathri Mandapam is the only one made of stone. King Marthandavarma built the Navarathri Mandapam in 1744 AD. Built of solid rock the building is 66 feet long and 27 feet wide. Various cultural programs were conducted here during the Navarathri festival. The dance floor has been polished to mirror like perfection so much that it is known as “Kannadithara” or mirror floor.