Save Earth!! Save Yourself!!!

I am a doctorate in geology.
Geology is a passion for me.
I think geology is the only subject which makes you
In tune with Yourself, Nature and God.

Today I was busy preparing lecture notes/ power point
As part of training schedule for new recruits of my office.

Once I started noting down the definitions,
The rock types, minerals, textures etc.
I felt nostalgic of my college/ university days.

Really it’s a kind of a simple delight…..
To go down the memory lane.

The way I chose geology as my subject
The way I learnt the composition of Earth….
The different layers of it…
Knowing about the plate tectonics….
Everything so enchanting!!

The way I began the study of rocks/ minerals…
The vibrant colors, the varied textures
The crystals, the shapes…..
All mesmerizing!!

The silly tricks by which we used to remember the composition of a mineral,
The short codes by which we used to remember the stratigraphy of an area,
The secret signs on rock samples/ thin sections by which
We use to identify them during practical class.

It’s really a great pleasure to study geology both at graduation and post-graduation.

I always feel that...
A geologist is some one really great….

It’s only a geologist who can see the colors
no artist can visualize,
It’s only a geologist who will know
why a mountain is rising,
It’s only a geologist who can interpret
where a quake can come,
It’s only a geologist who can estimate
the age of a rock,
It’s only a geologist who can tell
where a deposit is and why.

The list is soooooooooo…. Big!!
I can go on tell….
I better stop here.

Whenever I think…..geology,
I feel proud…that I have elected a right subject!

By choosing geology…
I know better about the nature that surrounds me
I can understand its processes much better…
And
I know how much important… it is… to restore it,
To keep the Earth intact.

I appreciate if every one of you
Try to understand about our planet Earth!

Do a little bit on your part to save Earth!
And
Keep it vibrating!!

It’s for our sake!

Because we are nothing
Without Mother Earth!!

Save Earth!!
To
Save yourself!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A song very close to my heart.....

Friends are like memories