The Fantastic Four…Three



Sometimes we take time to notice a thing which is lying just before our eyes since years!
I still remember the day when I started talking to this guy for the first time…, (though I know him since 6 years)
On our way to Camp Chitradurga (Bangalore) of GSI Training Institute, as part of “Orientation Course for Geologists”.

He was my classmate in post-graduation, he was there in my marriage group photo with all my classmates, but I hardly remember any moment I talked to him.

I THINK TIME SOMETIMES SEES THAT YOU GET A PARTICULAR THING AT A PARTICULAR TIME!

Being from same place (I am more fond of speaking in my mother tongue, Telugu), same region of GSI and above all, knowing each other (being classmates), we became friends soon.

During our training period (Its full six months), we use to have of a lot of gangs…south Indian/ Bengali/ Maharashtra… etc etc…according to choice!

Apart from practical batches (4 persons in a batch) for mapping and other technical things,
We use to have batches for mess management

Obviously we two, along with another two were in one batch for mess management!
The food selection, purchase, cooking everything, we use to manage!

Practically every day there use to be a tiff with other fellows, regarding food!
Their gang is strong and power full with more number of people!
And sometimes some severe fights.
I use to worry about manhandling!

But this fellow all of just 5ft…with a lean body
Never afraid of fighting with that tough gang!

His Funda is very clear

IF THEY HIT YOU FOUR…YOU HIT THEM AT LEAST ONE!
NEVER EVER SURRENDER WITHOUT FIGHTING!


Actually most of my fighting spirit, I acquired during my tenure at GSI!
I never think who, what will happen etc… etc …if I feel I am right!

He taught me to be myself irrespective of any odds!

He is “the best friend” of mine
He is the reason behind what I am today!
Whether it’s completing my PhD or getting a job in AMD!
I COMPLETELY OWE IT TO HIM!

There is a saying in Telugu
Runa shesham-shatru shesham undakudadu!
(You should not keep due of any lone and any enemy)

But when it comes to him…
I still owe…
I don’t want to repay…
Because once I repay…there won’t be any relationship between us!
and I just want to be his friend forever!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A song very close to my heart.....

Friends are like memories