Into that heaven of freedom.....




There has been “n” number of times I might have thought
Why do I do things….which I am not interested to do.

I agree there will be 101 clauses
You are supposed to do
You have to do
You ought to do
Etc etc…

But when I look back and see in life
I always find that there are only a handful of things which I have done with interest…putting my complete senses into it!

Why don’t people understand that there is hell lot of difference between doing a thing putting your heart in to it…and casually doing it…just for sake of doing.

Yesterday when my 15 year old daughter was discussing about some novel she is reading and mentioned that Amma... I want to read lot of books…but not this …pointing towards her chemistry text book!

I was a bit nervous and hesitant
I was wondering …why I can’t assure her that …
Yes dear…you read what you feel like

Why can’t I tell her that you need not do what you are supposed to do?
Unless you really feel like

Alas…why can’t I extend her the freedom…which I seldom got in my life?
Why I do and insist my kids also to do…what they are supposed to do!

When will we get the real freedom as Tagore has mentioned

"Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
where knowledge is free

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
by narrow domestic walls

Where words come out from the depth of truth
where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
into the dreary desert sand of dead habit

Where the mind is led forward by thee
into ever-widening thought and action

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake".

AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A song very close to my heart.....

Friends are like memories